Disclosure:This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on the product links and purchase something we recommend, we will receive a small commission with no additional cost incurred to you,
Are you looking for a Grammarly review? Yes! You are in the right place.
Suppose you are a blogger, content writer, or freelance writer. In that case, you might face many challenges to proofread your piece of content with all aspects. It might be spelling, punctuations, synonyms, or some proper grammatical mistakes.
Everyone is not skilled enough in writing.
Even I am also a non-native English writer. So, I was very cautious of spelling as well as punctuation while writing something.
Then I found this fantastic tool. I started using it for free, but there are some limitations to its free version. Then I moved to the premium version, and trust me; this is just awesome.
Suppose you have written a blog post, and you have proofread the entire content. Still, somehow you have overlooked some spelling mistakes or some commas.
As a result, it isn’t enjoyable for your readers and can make them stop reading your content.
It is not a good sign in your blogging career. Even Google also don’t love the contents with a lot of spelling mistake. It can harm your website and ranking.
So, what to do?
It is a time-consuming process proofreading your entire content to manually eliminate all types of mistakes like spelling, punctuations, or readability issues.
Here comes a great tool named Grammarly, which can correct all of your mistakes in just one click.
Yes! You can make your writing perfect with the help of this tool easily and quickly.
So, let’s discuss what Grammarly can do for you and why Grammarly is a must-have tool for every blogger.
Here in this article, Grammarly review 2020, you will get the answers to all the following questions:
- What is Grammarly?
- Grammarly features: What does Grammarly do?
- Grammarly review: How Grammarly works?
- Who is Grammarly good for?
- How much does Grammarly costs?
- Grammarly free vs premium: Which is better?
- What you should choose? Grammarly free or premium
- How accurate is Grammarly?
- Is Grammarly easy to use?
- Is Grammarly worth the price? My personal experience
- Grammarly alternatives
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is a web tool that detects grammar, spelling mistakes, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes and gives you the correct suggestions those mistakes when you write something on the web, email, word document, social media, or blog.
Most people know that Grammarly is just a grammar checker tool. Still, they offer many extra features that can improve your writing.
If you are a blogger, content writer, student, or an author, you will benefit from Grammarly.
It will help you understand the confusing grammar rules and spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, punctuation mistakes, plagiarism issues, etc.
Once you have explored all its features, I am sure you will go for Grammarly’s premium version.
Grammarly features: What does Grammarly do?
Grammarly can do a lot of things for you. It helps you to check several types of errors.
- Critical grammar and punctuation
- Spelling checks
- Plagiarism checks
- User engagement ratio
- Vocabulary enhancement
- Genre-specific writing style
Let’s discuss this one by one.
- Critical grammar and punctuation: It automatically detects all the grammatical mistakes and punctuation mistakes. Besides this, it also gives a comprehensive explanation of grammar rules and tips to avoid those mistakes.
- Spelling checks: It also detects spelling mistakes and provides the correct spelling suggestions.
- Plagiarism checks: If you are a blogger or a content writer, you might know about the effect of plagiarism content over the web. So, to make your content unique, Grammarly will help you detect the plagiarism sentences.
- Reporting: You will get a report of your accuracy in writing in grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and plagiarism. It will help you to craft correct and excellent content.
- User engagement ratio: Grammarly also provides a user engagement ratio for a piece of content. That means Grammarly calculates a score on how your content will perform to engage a reader. It helps a lot to write more engaging and compelling content.
- Conciseness: It helps fix inconsistencies in punctuation, formatting, and spelling through the content because consistency is the key to your writing.
- Readability: It also detects the sentences that readers may have to reread to understand and gives proper simplified suggestions.
- Vocabulary enhancement: It helps to write clear and straightforward sentences by suggesting content-optimized alternatives or synonyms for overused and repetitive words.
- Fluency: It helps to choose the word that sounds natural and fluent. It makes your readers pleased.
- Genre-specific writing style: It helps to self-edit your writing by providing real-time insights about your readability score, sentence-length, and so on. It is beneficial for a particular audience.
Grammarly review: How Grammarly works?
Once you have created a Grammarly account will automatically show a tour guide of the tool.
In the Grammarly dashboard, you will find the option to add your content. You can add your content using two methods:
- Copy & paste the whole content
- Uploading a Microsoft document file.(.docx)
- You can use Grammarly extension if you are using Google docs.
Or you can use a blank document in Grammarly to write your content. There is a built-in text editor. You can use that also to craft your content.
After that, Grammarly will show all the mistakes and the suggestions for those mistakes with a red underline. Just click on the suggestions card to replace the errors with the correct one.
With this, Grammarly also provides you a lot of insights like,
- A vocabulary suggestion along with a readability score
- Reading time estimation
- Sentence structure analysis
- User engagement percentage
- Correctness score
- Delivery tone to make the right impression on your readers
- Plagiarism score and more.
You can also set Grammarly according to your genre-specific writing style. Just open a new document and “Goals” option on the upper right side.
Here you can set your writing style manually. Which kind of audience you want to target, what type of formality you want in your writing, and which type of delivery tone you want in your content.
Grammarly will show suggestions according to your preference.
Who is Grammarly good for?
Grammarly is suitable for both native-English speakers and non-native-English speakers. Because except the spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes, it also provides a lot of things. It is also suitable for:
- Content marketers and copywriters
- Any business professional for crafting a report, presentations, email, or social media post.
How much does Grammarly costs?
Grammarly offers three pricing plans.
Grammarly Premium Monthly: Grammarly monthly premium plan starts from $29.95/month.
Grammarly Premium Quarterly: Grammarly monthly premium plan starts from $19.98/month.
Grammarly Premium Yearly: Grammarly monthly premium plan starts from $11.66/month.
With these, they also offer a business plan. The business plan starts from $12.50/member/month.
You can also try Grammarly free if you want to try their service before going for a premium plan.
Grammarly free version only helps you to find out spelling, grammar, and punctuation. But in the premium version, you will get all the features discussed above.
If you want to proofread your article and want your readers to read your article most of the time, you should go for Grammarly premium.
You can choose monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscription and can claim discounts for each of them.
Here is the detailed comparison between Grammarly free and Grammarly premium
|Features||Grammarly Free||Grammarly Premium|
|Grammar, spelling, and punctuation||Yes||Yes|
|Consistency in spelling and punctuation||No||Yes|
|Lively sentence variety||No||Yes|
This comparison will help you to choose the right plan for you. In my recommendation, if you want to upgrade your writing skills, you should have to go with Grammarly premium.
What you should choose? Grammarly free or premium
If you are a minimal user or don’t have much budget, you can use Grammarly free.
But if you want additional writing insights and an ability to set writing goals. It also finds and fixes more mistakes than you go with Grammarly premium.
Recently Grammarly has launched its business plan. In addition to premium features, the business plan includes
- Admin and user management controls for privacy and security
- 24/7 email support
- Centralized billing
- Monitoring tools for checking engagement trends
How accurate is Grammarly?
After your writing is complete, Grammarly will show you all the mistakes. If you click in the errors, it will show the error with proper explanation.
It identifies possible solutions and explanations for your mistakes.
If you are not confident about your writing, then you have no choice. You have to trust Grammarly’s suggestions. But as my experience, Grammarly is 90% accurate.
If you are writing content on fiction or others, that is not understandable for the common man. Grammarly might overlook some of the mistakes.
But for any official writing, Grammarly does an excellent job. That is why I recommend Grammarly most.
Is Grammarly easy to use?
Yes! Grammarly is easy to use the tool. Grammarly is compatible with all modern web browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Grammarly extension works fine for all these browsers.
Grammarly extension supports entire online text editors. It might be Google docs or any other editor, comment, or application fill-up the form and work fine with Gmail.
Even you can download Grammarly software for windows PC and Mac.
Grammarly desktop app: Grammarly also provides a desktop app for windows operating systems of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Just download the Grammarly desktop app and log in using your credentials.
Grammarly for Mac: Except for the windows operating system, Grammarly also offers a Mac OS desktop app. It supports macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) and higher. Download Grammarly for Mac and enjoy your writing.
If you are a blogger and use classic editor or WordPress block editor, the Grammarly browser extension works well.
Is Grammarly worth the price? My personal experience
Grammarly is the best full-featured grammar and spell checker tool that helps me craft correct content.
As I am a blogger, I write on WordPress block editor most of the time. In my experience, Grammarly extension works flawlessly with this.
When I am writing some content, Grammarly shows with a red underline if there is any mistake. I hover my mouse over there, and the magic starts. Grammarly offers all the possible suggestions for that mistake with proper explanation.
Grammarly helped me identify:
- Confused prepositions
- Overuse of the passive voice
- Repetitive words
- Common writing and grammar mistakes
- Spelling mistakes
- Lengthy sentences
- Other grammatical rules
- Whether my writing is user-engaging or not
And much more.
As bloggers and the content writers always want to make their writing perfect and error-free, Grammarly can be their must-have tool.
Grammarly makes writing easier by suggesting correct words, grammar that might have overlooked in human proofreading. So, in my opinion, Grammarly pro is worth the price as they offer tons of extraordinary features in their premium plan.
Grammarly is a great tool, but if you want to try some other writing tools, you may try:
- ProWritingAid: It is also a grammar and spelling checker online tool like Grammarly. They also have chrome extension and desktop applications.
- Linguix: Linguix is also a modern AI-based grammar checker tool like Grammarly. They also support Google docs and the WordPress editor. They have chrome extension and add-on for Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
So, it is easy to avoid grammatical and spelling mistakes in your daily work. Using Grammarly makes your writing skills confident, intelligent, and useful.
If you try Grammarly free trial for some weeks, its excellent feature will make you purchase the premium version. With the premium version, you will get access to some premium features.
I use Grammarly, and I am happy with its performance. So, I recommend you to buy Grammarly pro.